- Revisit the atmosphere of the Riverside with John Martin Sound on Saturday the 8th of June 2013 at The Rose Club. This is the 2nd date for 2013 Tickets are £3.50 in advance and £4.50 on the door. Doors open at 7pm Book below online, or tickets can be purchased from The ...
- Wigan Youth Brass Band at Formby Hall on Sunday the 19th of May 2013 Doors open at 7pm, starts at 7:30pm . Pay on the door £6pp Established in 1997 Wigan Youth Brass Band has been dedicated to providing a high quality brass band experience for the young musicians of the Wigan ...
- TICKETS available £12.50 ORDER ONLINE OR CALL 01942 256903. Tickets can be collected from The Rose Club, cash payments only. Direct from the West end including The London Palladium - The Worlds leading ELVIS performer CHRIS CONNOR (as seen on the bbc and itv) 'Chris Connor is to me the closest thing to the King I've ever ...
A packed Formby Hall where festively entertained on Sunday, December 18th by Tyldesley Band bringing to an end a highly successful year for these local musicians. The Band had won contests at Preston, Tameside and Fleetwood earlier in the year making 2011 one of the best in the Bands history.
Conductor Rob Taylor had put together a programme with Christmas celebrations as its theme and which was characterised by considerable audience participation both in the form of carol singing and a more energetic number entitled ‘Snow Waltz’. The latter involved a degree of gymnastics with ‘left, right, forwards, backwards, up, down’ on Robs command.
Two enjoyable solo pieces featured in the first half – first Peter Jackson on bass trombone playing ‘Frostie the Snowman’ and secondly Stuart Speakman on flugel horn playing ‘A Winters Tale’.
The atmospheric arrangement of Ray Woods ‘Cossack and Slovanik Dance’ brought the concert to its first half conclusion in fine style.
‘Christmas Festive Overture’ a composition by Leroy Anderson was a good number to start the second half with and this was followed by ‘Jingle Bells’ which was provided with accompaniment by seven children and one ‘suspect child/adult’ playing a variety of instruments with varying degrees of enthusiasm. This foot tapping number went down well with the audience.
Michael Jackson gave a fine solo euphonium rendition of ‘Merry Christmas’. Michael is studying for a Masters degree in music at the University of Salford. Sandy Smiths arrangement of ‘Santa Claus Phobia’ followed before a second round of carol singing which in turn was followed by Mel Torme’s melodious ‘The Christmas Song’.
The final concert numbers provided an opportunity for five youngsters from the audience to develop some musical skills by accompanying the band with tambourines, shakers and a cow bell. Serious faces gradually became less so and when the cow bell head flew off the mallet, hilarity reached a climax especially so since the ‘T’ shirt of one of the participants proudly proclaimed – ‘This is what perfection looks like’!
May 21, 2013 1:00 pmThe Rose Club
May 21, 2013 7:00 pmThe Rose Club
May 21, 2013 7:30 pmFormby Hall
May 22, 2013 8:00 pmThe Rose Club
May 23, 2013 7:45 pmThe Rose Club
May 25, 2013 8:00 pmThe Rose Variety Club
- Doors open tonight, 7pm at Formby Hall for Wigan Youth Brass Band http://t.co/M6lh8v4P5Q 1 day ago
- Fun Family Evening Race Night at The Rose Club, support a local charity http://t.co/elNsEuWBTV 1 week ago
- Kevin Harper & Majestic Gym Promotions presents World Championship Muay Thai at The Rose Club http://t.co/i3ggT0oHZt 1 week ago
- Doors open tomorrow night at 8pm for Lowtons Soul Night, pay on the door http://t.co/jf1jI5O0WE 1 week ago
Tagsbrass band brass bands cabaret nights Christmas Party co-operative funeralcare band north West dance entertainment events Farnworth & Walkden Flixton Band formby Formby Hall genesis GPW john martin sound mama manc floyd marillion matinee monaco Monaco Ballroom new springs ex servicemens club Philip Hurst prog rock prog rock celebration RCU riverside rose centre Rose Club rose leisure Rose variety club still marillion The Rose Club tribute tributes tyldesey band tyldesley brass UFH URC wedding reception wigan youth band wingates wingates.formby hall.brass bands Wingates brass band Wrestling